This document sets out the terms and conditions applicable between PROGEPI and those who wish to register for any event or conference organized by PROGEPI via the website www.lals-registration.com
PROGEPI, whose headquarters are located at 1 rue Grandville – BP 20451 Nancy Cedex, France, is registered in accordance with the French Non-Profit Organizations Law of 1901 at the Meurthe-et-Moselle Prefecture, filed 16 December 2004 under the reference W543003168.
PROGEPI is composed of three entities:
The following Terms and Conditions (the “Terms & Conditions”) apply to the registration of all attendees, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors (hereinafter referred to as “Participants”) for any event or conference (hereinafter referred to as “Event”) organized by PROGEPI.
1. The complete Terms and Conditions are available on the Event website at the following address: https://www.lals-registration.com/content/16-terms-and-conditions
2. Submission of online registration or registration made in writing by returning the registration form, are regarded as firm bookings and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
3. PROGEPI reserves the right to modify the terms of these conditions. Only the general sales conditions in force at the day of registration will apply to the relevant registration.
1. Participants may register for an Event by either filling in the registration form available online.
2. Full payment is required at the time of registration, payable to PROGEPI. Any incomplete or unpaid registration will not be considered.
3. Once registration has been received by PROGEPI and the Participant’s payment has been received in full, PROGEPI will send the Participant an order summary validating registration for the selected Event (the "Order Confirmation").
4. In the event that PROGEPI is unable to provide the Participant with an Order Confirmation (specifically if the registration deadline has passed or if there is no longer availability), PROGEPI will inform the Participant and refund the applicable registration fee by bank transfer within 7 days.
By submitting the registration, the Participant shall be considered as providing an offer; the contract will be concluded once PROGEPI issues the Order Confirmation, subject to receipt of full payment.
1. The Participant may withdraw the registration within 14 days after receiving the Order Confirmation and may do so without stating a reason. In case of a cancellation, the Participant must return the standard notice (below) to the following address: PROGEPI, 1 Rue Grandville, BP 20451 54001 NANCY Cedex, France; or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. PROGEPI will issue a full refund by bank transfer within a maximum of 7 days.
2. If the Participant wishes to cancel his or her registration for the Event after the 14-day cancellation period mentioned above has expired, we ask that the Participant contact PROGEPI by email. PROGEPI will process registration fee refunds under the following conditions:
- Cancellation up to 31 working days: a full refund minus an administrative charge of 50 € will be issued
- Cancellation within 30 and 15 working days: a full refund minus an administrative charge of 100 € will be issued
- Cancellation less than 15 working days: no refund will be issued, except in case of force majeure or other event beyond the control of the Participant (with reasonable verification).
If the above-conditions for reimbursement conditions are met, PROGEPI refund the amount due by bank transfer within a maximum of 14 days, after reception of the bank details.
3. PROGEPI reserves the right to cancel any Event at any time and at its sole discretion. In the event of such a cancellation, PROGEPI will refund any registration fees paid, direct to the Participant upon proof of purchase, by bank transfer within 14 days (after reception of the bank details), and this refund shall be the full extent of PROGEPI’s liability to the Participant arising out of such a cancellation.In the event of a cancellation, PROGEPI will promptly alert those who have booked to attend an Event and details of any cancellation will be posted on the appropriate Event website.
Participants are responsible for checking this information prior the Event.
The responsibility of PROGEPI can not be engaged if the Event is delayed or canceled due to a case of force majeure or a fortuitous event. The eventual reimbursement terms will then be defined case by case and communicated to everyone.
4. In the event of unforeseeable circumstances or of force majeure necessitating cancellation of the Event, PROGEPI will not be responsible for issuing refunds to Participants. The applicable due process for reimbursement will be defined case by case and communicated to all Participants.
I hereby give notice that I wish to exercise my right to cancel my contract of registration with respect to the following online registration:
Participants submitting a request to withdraw their registration are asked to include with their cancellation notice a copy of the Order Confirmation, a copy of the invoice received and a RIB (bank account references).
1. Registration fee are per participant. These fees may be subject to change by PROGEPI. The applicable fees are those in effect at the time of registration (fees listed on the PROGEPI website at the time of registration or listed on the registration form received by the Participant).
Registration fees include all services described on the dedicated Event registration website
2. Payment of all fees must be made in full no less than 15 working days and can be made by using one of the following methods:
- Purchase order
Please make sure your purchase order includes the following information: participant’s full name, name of the Event, order reference number, amount to be paid, complete billing address.
Purchase orders may be sent by post to:
• PROGEP 'EVENTS, 1, rue Grandville 54001 Nancy, France,
• or by email to: email@example.com
- Bank transfer
Please include the following information in the bank references section: participant’s full name, the name of the Event, the order reference number and PROGEPI EVENTS.
All bank charges and applicable fees are the responsibility of the sender. Please ensure that your payment includes all additional and applicable transfer fees, including those of the receiving bank.
Bank transfers should be made payable to:
• PROGEPI EVENTS
• Bank name: CREDIT AGRICOLE
• Bank address (branch): Agence Trois Maisons, 54000 Nancy, France
• IBAN: FR76 1610 6700 2086 46 91 4909 523
• Swift code: AGRIFRPP861
- Check (for Participants residing in France)
Checks should be made payable to PROGEPI. Please include the following information on the back of the check: participant’s full name, name of the Event and the order reference number.
Checks should be sent by post to:
• PROGEPI EVENTS, 1 rue Grandville, 54001, Nancy, France
– Credit card, secure online payment
1. In the case of late registration for the Event (less than 14 working days prior to the first day of the Event), registration payment must be received in full by PROGEPI (via credit card/secure online payment, bank transfer or check) within 7 working days following submission of the Participant’s registration application Failure to make payment within this time frame will automatically result in cancellation of the registration.
2. PROGEPI will accept one method of payment only per registration.
3. Once full payment of registration has been received, PROGEPI will only issue a refund to the Participant in cases specified in Articles 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 (mentioned above).
Please note that payment on site or by cash won’t be acceptable.
Registration for any Event organized by PROGEPI constitutes acceptance of the following conditions:
1. Each Participant registration is valid for one designated Event and shall not apply to additional Events.
2. Participants will be issued with a personal name badge upon arrival. This badge is non-transferable and should be worn throughout the duration of the Event.
3. Participants are required to comply with the rules and regulations governing the applicable venue, all applicable law, including (but not limited to) all health and safety legislation and requirements. PROGEPI reserves the right to refuse participation in the Event if the Participant fails to respect these conditions.
1. All presentations made by speakers, as well as any documents diffused or distributed during the Event pertaining to their presentation are protected by copyright pursuant to Articles L 111-1 and in accordance with the French Intellectual Property Code. Pursuant to Article L 122-4 of the Intellectual Property Code “any representation or reproduction, in whole or in part, which is not expressly authorized, constitutes an infringement of intellectual property rights”. Pursuant to Article L 122-5 of the Intellectual Property Code, only “copies or reproductions strictly reserved for the private use of the copying party and not intended for collective use” and “analyses and short quotations”, “provided that the author name and source be shown clearly”. Any unauthorized representation or reproduction, by any means whatsoever, that does not comply with current legislation constitutes an infringement punishable by Articles 335-2 and L 335-3 of the Intellectual Property Code. The Participant is solely responsible for any unauthorized use of presentations and documents diffused or distributed during the Event.
2.PROGEPI wishes to inform Participants that PROGEPI may be required to photograph Participants present at the Event. All participants will be informed of this upon their arrival and will be provided with an image release form authorizing the use by PROGEPI of any and all photographs, video, voice recordings, or other media taken of Participants including derivative works thereof (collectively, the “Images”). Participants are free to refuse consent concerning any and all use of Images.
3. Speakers at an Event are solely responsible for his/her remarks. It is the responsibility of the Participants to verify the validity of any opinions or recommendations expressed by the speakers. PROGEPI will not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with information disseminated or presentations made during the Event.
1. All data pertaining to Participants collected during the registration process is subject to computer processing to improve the registration process (specifically the transfer of documents related to Participant registration and, if necessary, information to facilitate contacting Participants to inform them of any modifications or cancellations of Events). For this purpose, PROGEPI has submitted a declaration of intent with the French National Commission of Information and Technology and Liberties (CNIL), filed under registration number 19911175. PROGEPI shall ensure that all collected data will be kept confidential and are not communicated to potential business partners or any external parties with the exception of use by PROGEPI to inform past Participants of announcements, information about upcoming Events and to disseminate semi-annual newsletters. Participants are free, at any given time, to unsubscribe for the mailing list.
2. In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, amended in 2004, the Participant retains the right to access and correct their personal data by sending a request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Participant may also, for legitimate reasons, object to the processing of data relating to him/her by sending an email to the same address.
1. Regulatory framework
PROGEPI processes all personal data pertaining to Participants, hereinafter referred to as “Customer data”, in accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016.
2. The type of information we collect
Customer data collected by PROGEPI may include: the Participant’s full name, title, function or status, email address, date of birth, complete mailing address, phone number, meal preferences and complete information pertaining to his/her company or institution.
3. How we use Customer data
Customer data are collected for the purposes of supporting and advancing PROGEPI’s activities in scientific and technological services related to process engineering and the environment (contaminated sites and soil), and in the context of scientific events organization.
The parties who receive and process Customer data collected by PROGEPI are those who work with in the PROGEPI communications department, payment service providers (E-transaction and Crédit Agricole payment solutions), our computing system maintenance provider (DMConcept) and the PROGEPI website hosting provider (OVH). Data transfers between our service providers are contractually committed, by law, to adhering to an up-to-date security program for the purpose of data protection.
Some partners like the University of Lorraine, IMPACT LUE Project will also have access to the following information: name, first name, affiliation, city, country and email address of the participants.
In accordance with the data conservation principles (time limits for the conservation of data) of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) and on the basis of the standard simplified No.48 pertaining to the management of customer lists, data of a personal nature relating to the Client may not be stored beyond the period strictly necessary for the management of the commercial relationship.
PROGEPI agrees to contact the Participant after a period of three years following the last event he/she attended to confirm if he/she wishes to continue to receive information from PROGEPI. In the absence of response, PROGEPI will archive all said Client data.
Exceptions are data necessary for establishing proof of copyright, or a contract that may be archived, as stipulated by the French Commercial Code and the French Consumer Code relating to contracts that are concluded electronically.
6. Rights of the data subject
The Participant has the right to access data relating to him/her, and may also exercise his/her right to obtain the deletion of personal data or the right to be forgotten, as well as the right to portability and the right to object. Requests for more information should be addressed to PROGEPI, 1 rue Grandville – BP 20451 – 54001 Nancy Cedex, France or by email to email@example.com.
Lastly, every data subject (all Participants) have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in France, this is the CNIL) concerning processing of his or her data.
7. Lawfulness of personal data processing
The provision of Participants’ personal data is requested for registration on the www.lals-registration.com website, specifically for the purpose of printing personalized Event material and documents (invoices, name badges and proof of attendance). Data processed by PROGEPI may also serve certain legal requirements (for tax documentation purposes or fiscal management).
1. These Terms & Conditions are governed by French law and the Courts of France shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes which may arise under them.
2. These Terms & Conditions replace all previous terms and conditions.